heat register seal

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
greg1

heat register seal

Post by greg1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Hello everyone,

Im curious if its ok to block furnace register? More specifically is it ok to seal it permanently?
Or is it a bad idea? I dont have access to it from the bottom only the register opening on the main floor.

Shannon

Re: heat register seal

Post by Shannon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Generally that would be fine.
What’s the situation?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

greg1

Post by greg1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Well, I was installing hardwood floors in the kitchen (hardwood was installed everywhere on the main floor and I also put it in the kitchen for nice continuous look), my very last row to install it is where the heat register is, and its actually half covered by dishwasher machine. Its not an option to move dishwashing machine at all. So already only half the register that is working, the other half is covered. I though might as well just cover the whole thing if thats not a problem.

thank you for quick response!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:01 am

You really should have a heat register in every room. You could cut a floor access in the kitchen so you could get at the duct ,cut it shorter by a few inches and re install the boot infant of dishwasher.
Covering it will not cause an issue as far as the duct or furnace goes though.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

greg1

Post by greg1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Thank you Shannon. Just wanted to make sure I dont blow my house up :)