Cold air return to ceiling

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
marcgerv

Cold air return to ceiling

Post by marcgerv » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Shannon,

I have finished the ceiling in two basements, one with ceiling tiles and one with drywall. My question is how do we bring the cold air return lower to the ceiling level? Do we have to makeshift sides using metal sheets?

Thanks

JM

Shannon

Re: Cold air return to ceiling

Post by Shannon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 pm

I will assume you have a cold air return duct above the area and you want to bring it down so that you can place a duct in the ceilings? I think that is what you are asking?
You can do this in a number of ways somewhat depending on how much air flow you need. You could install a off shoot boot and then run a round duct off that to the ceiling level or you could use metal rectangular duct between the main duct and ceiling.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Post a picture of what you have and the length of the run you need to make, this will help us offer you a solution to your issue.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

marcgerv

Post by marcgerv » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Thanks Shannon, That's what I had in mind use a metal rectangular to the ceiling level, just not sure how to secure it. Sorry A.spruce, I'm not at home to take a picture.
JM

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:43 pm

You can bend a 3/4" edge around the perimeter and screw that to the metal duct?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

marcgerv

Post by marcgerv » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:51 am

Thanks for the response Shannon.