How to get grout out of "shattered look" chevron white tile?

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Seanpete

How to get grout out of "shattered look" chevron white tile?

Post by Seanpete » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm

I installed some white chevron tile for bar walls in my house and the tile is the shattered look. I have tiled many walls/floors before but had never used the shattered look until my wife wanted it behind the bar. I picked up 7 boxes at Lowes and after I grouted it I noticed that the grout actually seeped into the teeny tiny cracks on the surface of the tiles making them look dirty. For some reason there were variations in the boxes I bought and it only sunk in the most on certain boxes of tile. In the pictures I attached you can clearly see the difference where the grout is stuck in the small cracks within the "shattered look" of the tile. My question is....How can I get the grout out of these small cracks? Last resort I will have to cut out the bad areas of tile and redo the drywall and lay new tile again which I do not want to do. I was supposed to seal the tile before grouting so this didn't happen but I didn't read any sort of instructions before getting to work. I have tried a metal brush on the end of a drill to try and get it out, all sorts of under the sink products. I have run out of ideas! Any insight/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg (405.02 KiB) Viewed 65 times
IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg (367.92 KiB) Viewed 65 times

Shannon

Re: How to get grout out of "shattered look" chevron white tile?

Post by Shannon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 am

IMO you will not get that out of those tiny cracks . Maybe someone else here has a trick?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon