Flooring suggestion

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
rcosta

Flooring suggestion

Post by rcosta » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am pulling up a carpet in our finished basement and looking to put down a floor. The base is concrete and still has the padding from the carpet.

At the home center today I saw many options: vinyl squares, tile that looks like wood and wood strips (e.g. Pergo). I have only installed the latter and know nothing about the 1st two.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

Rich

A. Spruce

Re: Flooring suggestion

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm a hardwood kinda guy, whether it's full thickness or engineered. Pergo and similar products just don't last and they swell up and are unrepairable if they ever get wet.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm

In a basement I would go with a LVP flooring , I would never install hardwood or engineered wood in a basement.
You can get very realistic wood look LVP and moisture is no issues with it. It can be glued down if your concrete is in good shape or installed as a floating floor .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

rcosta

Post by rcosta » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks. I did not know LVP was a thing. I appreciate the time.

johny rryan

Post by johny rryan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 am

I prefer to use rubber flooring, that keeps your floor to increase high grip properties and it is more useful in rented homes for temporary making changes.