What color should I choose for dining room?

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
jainrishav098

What color should I choose for dining room?

Post by jainrishav098 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 am

Can anyone suggest me what will be the best colors for dining room/hall for a residential house.

A. Spruce

Re: What color should I choose for dining room?

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 am

I, personally, prefer to keep things classic, white or off white. If you want color, use "soft decorations" such as blinds, drapes, wall hangings, that sort of thing to bring color into the room. The reason being, classic never goes out of style, whereas personalized colors do and not everyone likes the same color or decorations. It's easier to change soft decorations than it is hard surfaces (walls and floors).

A little tip on "white" paint. Even white paint comes in different colors, so you can get a very subtle color in the room that will enhance soft decorations, without being obtrusive of overpowering.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

npautler

Post by npautler » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 am

We just painted our living/dining room. Went with "Functional Gray" from Valspar at Lowe's. It is in the "Greige" family. Very light grey with some beige in it. We've gotten a bunch of compliments on it. My wife loves the "Chip and Joanne" look (eyeroll). Which is pretty much gray walls/white trim.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Good choice. What makes a house elegant and nice is neutral paint with framed art or prints hung on the wall.