Question about vertical blinds

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Peano

Question about vertical blinds

Post by Peano » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:33 pm

I currently have thin vertical blinds on the bedroom sliders. By "thin" I mean that they are thin enough to bend and also to be "lit up" by sunlight when they're closed. I'm thinking about getting room-darkening slats, which are considerably thicker and heavier. They will not bend.

My question: Will the thicker slats work in the clips that now hold the thin slats? Or will I need a different headrail for the thick slats?

A. Spruce

Re: Question about vertical blinds

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:10 pm

As far as I know, you can't change the slats themselves you have to change the entire unit. Also, as you change brands and styles within a brand, the mounting hardware also tends to change. It is not a big deal to change mounting hardware, so don't sweat it if this is necessary.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Peano

Post by Peano » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 pm

As far as I know, you can't change the slats themselves
Thanks, but that doesn't really help. How far do you know?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 am

If you can buy the slats separate from the rail then purchase them and try .Just be sure they are returnable if they do not. Those clips are pretty standard I think but I never look that close at them. I have never seen the slats available separately here.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Peano

Post by Peano » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you. Home Depot and Lowes both sell slats separately. I'll ask them about the clips.