Wet insulation behind vapour barrier

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Jerry50

Wet insulation behind vapour barrier

Post by Jerry50 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Noted lot of condensation on insulation on concrete foundation wall, builder used 6 mm vapour barrier on the insulation and its dripping like crazy ,, can you suggest why ..Toronto Canada

Shannon

Re: Wet insulation behind vapour barrier

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 pm

I’m sorry Jerry50, somehow your question got missed in that other topic. Sorry about that and I know it was a while ago so I’m not sure if your still around but let’s try and figure it out if we can.
I will bet there is no moisture barrier between the concrete and insulation?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Gstaniforth

Post by Gstaniforth » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:11 pm

I had the same issue with rotten froming infront of the concrete... removed all rot now looking to add the moisture barrier... my case there was no moiture barrier

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:25 am

Yes Gstaniforth a missing moisture barrier is likely one of the culprits in your case. Other problems could have been a poor air/vapour barrier and or flooding damage, its hard to say for sure.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon