Dividing wall in garage

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Gka

Dividing wall in garage

Post by Gka » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Hello,
I want to build a mud room in my garage. How would I frame a wall on the garage floor since it’s somewhat sloping.

Shannon

Re: Dividing wall in garage

Post by Shannon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:14 am

Depends on how much it is sloping? If your change in height is less than say a half inch I would build the wall to a quarter inch less than the smallest height and stand it up once it is framed if you have enough help to do so , or simply install the bottom and top plates in place and measure , cut and install each stud to fit between them .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Dividing wall in garage

Post by A. Spruce » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:53 am

If the slope is front to back on the plate, don't worry about it. If the slope is from end to end on the plate, Shannon's suggestion of tacking the plates in place to measure your studs will be the easiest way to do it. Be sure to mark your stud locations on the plates before you tack them in place, then simply write the length down beside each location on the floor plate.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.