Spray foam recommendation

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
iknowaguy

Spray foam recommendation

Post by iknowaguy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Any recommendations for where/what brand of closed-cell spray foam to get and where? Located in Chicago, IL. Or if not recommendations on where or brand, what to look for when purchasing? Looking for a DIY solution.

Shannon

Re: Spray foam recommendation

Post by Shannon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:54 pm

I don't recommend the DIY foam kits if you are doing more then 200-300sq' or unless you have a remote build. These DIY kits are very expensive to use for big jobs and they can be an expensive learning curve if you don't do it right or the foam does not come out mixed right.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

iknowaguy

Post by iknowaguy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

Thank you for your reply. Reason I ask is that I am doing a small basement bathroom reno, about 9' x 8' x 5'. I have everything torn down to the studs, which are tight up against a poured concrete foundation wall with some pipes going through a few bays. It's a pretty small job to hire out but would be pretty quick to do with spray foam. I guess my second option would be to use rigid foam in between the joists tight to the concrete and seal with canned spray foam, insulation on top, poly, then drywall. Do you see anything wrong with that approach?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:05 am

On a small area that would work fine, so would the DIY sprayfoam. The kits I have used are the Froth Pacs by Dow
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon