Grinding basement concrete floor

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
bylandorriver

Grinding basement concrete floor

Post by bylandorriver » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey again! As I lay out construction for my basement, I feel I should level out the concrete slab a little bit, at least at the seam in the middle (see picture). The ceilings are pretty short as it is (88”), so I don’t want to add floor leveler. While I have a machine, I was thinking about identifying any other high spots. How would you recommend assessing for high spots and/or uneven areas on the slab?

Also, is there a window company to recommend for egress windows?

BTW Shannon, I really liked the live events. I still need to finish up the recent one:).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A. Spruce

Re: Grinding basement concrete floor

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:13 pm

What you do with the floor will depend on what your overall plan is for the floor. If simply laying carpet, then fill the joint with leveler and lay carpet. If you are doing hardwood or LVP, then you'll need to knock down high spots. If you're painting or polishing, then that will be another path to research and follow.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:26 pm

What is the flooring you plan to use?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

bylandorriver

Post by bylandorriver » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 am

Ah, right. I plan to polish the concrete and apply a clear finish as the finished floor.

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:10 am

Rent a concrete walk behind to resurface the floor.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:24 pm

I have never seen this done so my input would be limited, but like Clarence said you will need to rent a floor grinder walk behind unit.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon