Basement w/ Suspended Subfloor

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
kinito

Basement w/ Suspended Subfloor

Post by kinito » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi there,

I have a question as I am planning to redo my basement on my own. My house is built on clay soil and as a result the basement is not a concrete slab but rather a suspended floor on metal framing/joists; it is pretty loud when waking on it and I am looking for good solutions to make that floor as quiet as possible. Are there any materials that I can lay over the current subfloor and essentially create a noise cancelling layer before adding a new subfloor and floor on top of that? I do have a bit of clearance w/ 8 ft ceilings but not much so don't want to have that layer be too thick. Does that make sense? Do I need to explain more? Any suggestions / help is appreciated!

Thank you

Sebastien

Shannon

Re: Basement w/ Suspended Subfloor

Post by Shannon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 am

I'm not sure really what you can add? I assume it is a hollow echo noise when you walk?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

kinito

Post by kinito » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:49 am

Yes you are right...

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:52 am

If you are adding carpet and under pad I would think that you sound would be very minimal. but other than that I really don't know.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon