Flashing horizontal porch roof to a stucco wall

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
gdurbin

Flashing horizontal porch roof to a stucco wall

Post by gdurbin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm

I am building a patio porch roof extending off a stucco wall. I exposed a 2x10 leadger (ridge joist) under the stucco and attached Simpson joist hangers every 16 inches from which I hung 2x6 rafters that rest on a 6x8 horizontal beam 12 feet out from the wall. I plan to shingle the porch roof with asphalt shingles. Here is my concern: I want to avoid any water intrusion problems where the porch roof meets the stucco wall. What is the proper way to flash the roof-to-wall? Should I double flash, placing a metal weep screed over metal L-flashing? Should I use "Moist-Stop" or tar paper over the metal flashing? I would be grateful for any professional advice.

Shannon

Re: Flashing horizontal porch roof to a stucco wall

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am

Clearance would be the best for this and hopefully he will come along. But yes you are correct. Here is an illustration to help.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.17.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.17.38 AM.png (66 KiB) Viewed 167 times
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

gdurbin

Post by gdurbin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am

Thnanks, Shannon. Very helpful! Just to be clear, I assume the blue is weep screed and the yellow is the metal L-flashing, right. The only thing I didn't quite understand was the dimenstions on the left side – I could quite get what they relate to in the diagram.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 pm

yes the products you mention are the correct ones.
I have no idea what the dimensions are either ,LOL. or the word "Ground" near the top
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon