Roofing Shoes

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
harshan9

Roofing Shoes

Post by harshan9 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Hello Sir,

What kinda Roofing shoes do you recommend. I have a rather some steep portions on my Roof and am planning on using Roof Anchors with harness, but what type of shoes actually do work when you are laying new shingles? I live down South in Atlanta and not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

A. Spruce

Re: Roofing Shoes

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:13 pm

I wear work boots or tennis shoes when I work on a roof and rarely have traction issues. You still have to be careful of loose grit and debris, as it can be extremely slippery, especially as the roof angle increases.

I would highly recommend staying off any roof or portion of roof that you are uncomfortable working on. Better to pay a pro and live another day than to wind up in the hospital or worse! Kudos for outfitting yourself with a safety harness. Roof jacks are another option for steep roofs. This is just one of many styles available.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Roofing Shoes

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 am

Yes I agree , I where running shoes/trail shoes all the time, like spruce said the loose granolas can be dangerous so be careful. Remember you need to get to the peak to attach the anchors and ropes so if you cant do that safely you may want to reconsider doing it yourself. Also leave the brackets in place when you are finished so they are there next time you need to go up.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon