Vinyl Siding vs. Stone - What to do with my house?

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
RCGA

Vinyl Siding vs. Stone - What to do with my house?

Post by RCGA » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Long story short, I have the option of replacing the vinyl siding in my home or replacing the front with Fusion stone.

The current siding is relatively new and of a high-ish quality (Royal)

If vinyl, it would be a navy blue (Royal Midnight Surf) and include a vinyl shakes in the front gable (some shade of khaki)

If stone, Option 1 would be to start on the left corner, go up 3' up and wrap around the door (and not continuing to the right side).

Option 2 for the stone would be to do the do an "accent wall" look from top to bottom in the front porch area.

Shannon

Re: Vinyl Siding vs. Stone - What to do with my house?

Post by Shannon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 pm

So why are you replacing and changing the colour if the siding is relatively new?
With out knowing all the details as to why, My suggestion is to keep the existing siding and use stone as an accent around the step/door area where it is missing in photo. Changing only the front colour in my mind is not going to look great with Burgundy and blue siding
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

RCGA

Post by RCGA » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 am

Insurance can't find a color match so they said they'll either replace it all or do the stone alternative for the front.

Full replacement is around $11k, stone is around $3500

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 am

Ah I see so you would be replacing all the siding on the entire house not just the front. That makes more sense.
Any of your option would look great , I like the stone options better myself.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Mastercarpentry

Post by Mastercarpentry » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 am

Go with stone- it will endure and add value to the house whereas vinyl won't.

Phil