Repairing chipping foundation

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
Bdin

Repairing chipping foundation

Post by Bdin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:09 am

Hi there, I recently purchased a house that had siding to the grade. I am in the process of removing siding so that it is the appropriate distance from the grade and I have discovered areas where my concrete is chipping. I don't have a picture of my house at present as I am now away for a few days but I found one from google for comparison as it is very similar to what my foundation looks like. It is structurally sound (it was inspected before bought) so I'm just wondering what is an easy what to repair this? I am open to hiring someone as well if anyone knows cost estimates as I am a shift worker so it is hard for me to tackle big projects that take longer than a day or two at a time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
20190906_090503.jpg
20190906_090503.jpg (267.34 KiB) Viewed 136 times

A. Spruce

Re: Repairing chipping foundation

Post by A. Spruce » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 am

The picture looks to me like the parging or stucco is flaking off the foundation area. If this is what's going on with your foundation, simply chip off what's loose and re-parge/stucco the area. I'm not a plaster guy, so I can't recommend tools or products. As far as doing the work yourself, parging/stucco isn't a "difficult" thing to do, but you do have to have some knowledge of surface prep and working with the materials.

Shannon may have a video on this procedure. Hopefully, Clarence, our resident plaster guy, will comment.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Repairing chipping foundation

Post by Shannon » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:16 am

I have no videos on his work . Clarence is the guy for this here on the forum.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon