Laundry room outlet heights?

Ask your electrical related questions here
Grant

Laundry room outlet heights?

Post by Grant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi shannon,
Do you have a common height you like to install the 220v dryer and 120v washing machine eletrical outlet boxes?

Thanks
Grant

Shannon

Re: Laundry room outlet heights?

Post by Shannon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm

I am not aware of any actual code location for Laundry machines electrical other than the plug must be within 6' (1.8M) of the intended appliance location. I prefer to mount my plugs for these two units just above the height of them so they are easily accessible without having to move the machines . Usually about 48" AFF (above the finished floor). The Washer plug should be a GFCI.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Grant

Post by Grant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Great reply thanks for the tips

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:07 pm

There's no code for switch or plugins placement on walls! Only that they need to be within a certain number of feet of a window, door, sink, etc.

I like Shannon's suggestion of it being just above the height of a washer.

Otherwise I always mount light switches so, say, a five-year-old child could reach them (or a wheelchaired person). About 46 inches to the TOP of the switch. For plugins I usually use a hammer's length from the floor to the bottom of the box.