luxway recessed pot lights from costco

Ask your electrical related questions here
rbperks

luxway recessed pot lights from costco

Post by rbperks » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:44 am

Hello, I recently purchased LuxWay 4" recessed fixtures from Costco they are IC rated and do not require a box for insulated ceilings. My question is because we are installing them in an insulated ceiling at our cottage, how do I maintain a vapour with these type of fixtures?

Thanks
Rick

Shannon

Re: luxway recessed pot lights from costco

Post by Shannon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm not familiar with those particular lights, but many are sealed units and require no extra vapour barrier . But you can place vapour barrier boxes around them if you are concerned. You can by them pretty much anywhere that sells electrical. They are usually a blue box shaped poly box.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Re: luxway recessed pot lights from costco

Post by Aaron » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 pm

That's another thing I haven't seen here: those vapor barriers!

I also haven't seen those heat-shield boxes for pot lights either! I think down here, the heat shield is incorporated in the housing of the light itself... so you have two models: one that goes in an uninsulated ceiling, and one that goes in an insulated ceiling.

But we definitely need those large vapor barrier pockets, I can't believe those don't exist here.