Base Board

Ask your electrical related questions here
jvelaz1971

Base Board

Post by jvelaz1971 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Hello Shannon,

I will be opening a wall to create an open floor plan. However, there is 1 water base board heat that is attached at the bottom of the wall. Can I completely eliminate this panel and still not affect the heating in the remaining base boards across the entire house?
Thank you

Aaron

Re: Base Board

Post by Aaron » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 pm

If it's a water-based baseboard heater, you'll probably need to cap off the plumbing in the basement, or run new plumbing to where you plan to relocate it. You might want to get a plumber or pipefitter to work on that job, it's a little beyond DIY skill I think.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Depending on the set up you have that unit you are eliminating could be one of many connected units on the same run so you may not be able to just cap it off ,you may have to install a pipe in place of that unit below the floor that connects two lines removed from the unit you are removing.Also when a heating line is opened in this type of system you may need to bleed off any air that enters the system when it is opened up to eliminate that one unit. Some systems have equipment built in that does this some do not. A plumber for this is a good suggestion.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

jvelaz1971

Post by jvelaz1971 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 pm

ok, I was not planning to relocate it anywhere, because it is in the foyer. However, I may just have to call a plumber after all.

Thank you