Low voltage lights questions - how to control them

Ask your electrical related questions here
ThatMouse

Low voltage lights questions - how to control them

Post by ThatMouse » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

I'd like to install lights around my patio, screened in pool cage area, and use a similar system for yard lights. The "low voltage" 12v option seems ideal, using LED lights, strips, spots, and wall lights to mount on the upper border of our patio and maybe some other walls.

My concern is I've yet to see any suitable products to control the lights. I'd like to be able to dim each "zone" and maybe color change some of the RGB style lights, while the typical timer/light sensor is good for others. I don't care if these are remotes I mount on the wall, but 3 or 4 of these "key chain" remotes will not look good.

Is it suggested I build some sort of relay inline with the 12v for different zones for dimming, on/off, timer, photo cell? I know I can find these parts and once it's on the 12v side, it's pretty simple. I just don't see any example of it online. Any advice or examples?

Shannon

Re: Low voltage lights questions - how to control them

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Sorry ,not my expertise. hopefully someone else reading can be of help.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon