Wiring debacle

Ask your electrical related questions here
Nword0426

Wiring debacle

Post by Nword0426 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:12 am

Hello, I really love watching your videos. Actually watching things being done is so much easier than reading instructions. I live in St Louis and I'm renting to own my home. The major problem I'm having is my electric wiring. I don't know what the deal is but my entire living room outlets are not working, only one side in my bedroom works, same problem with the other bedroom. The outlets that are working are being overloaded with extension cords. I'm afraid there's going to be a fire. How do I get this place updated? By the way all of the outlets are the 2 prong type, who uses those anymore?! Please help!!

christoff

Re: Wiring debacle

Post by christoff » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:03 am

Do you have breakers or fuses? There might be a fuse out or a tripped breaker
If you don't have breakers it might be a good idea up upgrade your electrical panel to breakers.

Shannon

Re: Wiring debacle

Post by Shannon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 am

If this is not as simple as a breaker or fuse then I would have an electrician come in and investigate the issue. It could be a broken wire somewhere? These old homes can have brittle wiring or broken devices which can break and cause electricity to stop at that point.
Overloading other circuits and running cords all over is a bad idea so I would get this figured out soon. An electrician can likely get this figured out pretty quickly maybe even in a couple hours. Once you know the problem you can decide the way to fix it.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon