Shed Electrical Power

Ask your electrical related questions here
bigtee312

Shed Electrical Power

Post by bigtee312 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 am

Hi

I just had someone build me a shed, but he didn't install any electricals no light and no sockets. Should I just run an extention cord and plug everything there? Or can you explain to me how to run elecrtical cable so that I can install it. Thank you in advance.

Love your how to's on YouTube.

Efrain

Shannon

Re: Shed Electrical Power

Post by Shannon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 pm

If you are reffering to running a cable underground to supply the shed power vs. just running a cord over when you need power I guess the question is how often will you need power in the shed. If you need it fairly often then running an underground cable would be best.
There are many factors that go into decideing what size of cable to run. The distance you are running,how many different lights and plugs you will have, what you will be needing for amperage ,the load you need and a couple of others. I would consult a local electrician in your area for this.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

LapidiusCortez

Re: Shed Electrical Power

Post by LapidiusCortez » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:37 am

Consult a local workmen or electrician for this job. While underground cabling seems promising you can run into problems during rainy season if it's not deep or insulated enough. Take some expert advice and it'll work for you in the long run.