Looking for help with drawing !

Ask your electrical related questions here
Jmaclicious

Looking for help with drawing !

Post by Jmaclicious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Okay so I put down my deposit for the service panel upgrade to 200a service and 42 breaker panel now I need to get this drawing up before the electrician comes to do the upgrade and inspection. Just want to make sure the drawing will get approved so I can have the permit done and rough wiring inspected at the time, not 100% sure on lighting but I need it in the drawing anyway. So here’s my idea, will this work or is it too much wiring at the switches ? I tried putting the bedroom lights, storage room lights, and half the living room lights along with 2 smoke detectors on one circuit. And the other 9 lights on another. Let me know your opinion. (Also the lights will be the slim led ones).

Although ill only have 4 outlets on the bedroom circuit, i factored in someone using hair irons, blow dryers, computers, tv, electronics with 12-2 wire.

The rec-room has 11 outlets also on 12-2 wire

The lighting will be separate from the outlets, so if theres ever an issue I can at least use power for lights, orrrr use the lights and have no broken toes from stumbling around :D
D7F0394B-F3FD-457D-8C26-AEB7F8662518.jpeg
D7F0394B-F3FD-457D-8C26-AEB7F8662518.jpeg (144.26 KiB) Viewed 113 times
E0F04B5A-853A-4B41-9276-7ACCADE9D650.jpeg
E0F04B5A-853A-4B41-9276-7ACCADE9D650.jpeg (128.16 KiB) Viewed 112 times

emtnut

Re: Looking for help with drawing !

Post by emtnut » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Nor sure what the 'beam/duct' portion is on the drawing, but I don't see any recepts there.

Hard to say without seeing the place, but make sure there is no more that 12' of space between the recepts.

Apart from that, It seems to look good !
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~

Jmaclicious

Post by Jmaclicious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

emtnut wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 pm
Nor sure what the 'beam/duct' portion is on the drawing, but I don't see any recepts there.

Hard to say without seeing the place, but make sure there is no more that 12' of space between the recepts.

Apart from that, It seems to look good !
oops , beam and duct is just bulkhead, other than that its pure open space other than 1 telepost under there for the rec room.

Perfect, at first I was worried maybe theres too many wires going to the switches or doing something wrong! Appreciate the help emtnut!

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Jmaclicious wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Perfect, at first I was worried maybe theres too many wires going to the switches or doing something wrong! Appreciate the help emtnut!
You can have as many wires to the switches as needed, just be sure to size the junction box accordingly.

From the drawing, It doesn't look like you'll need anything above standard boxes however (It looks like a 4 gang box ? )

Jmaclicious

Post by Jmaclicious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 pm

emtnut wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:33 pm
Jmaclicious wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

You can have as many wires to the switches as needed, just be sure to size the junction box accordingly.

From the drawing, It doesn't look like you'll need anything above standard boxes however (It looks like a 4 gang box ? )

Weird, I went to get my permit today and they didn't even ask me for my drawing.. good news i suppose i got it :), also I was digging a trench along my drainage stone for the ground plate ground wire... however due to my patio being sand/gravel limestone which turned into mini cement under the heavy patio blocks... I ran into the surprise that the previous owner build up this entire area by laying this mix and the blocks over a 5" concrete slab... I couldn't bust through it, so I trenched along the house and got into the grass.. however the trench along the house stone is only 9" deep because of that concrete, and I dug my ground plate area about 1.7'x1.7' and 26 inches deep (the electrician said 1.5 x 1.5 x 24), I sent him a picture of the trench and he said it would be fine... but I am kind of hoping he will put it into a conduit or something to prevent the copper wire from getting nicked as its being ran through 3/4 clean limestone... and not to mention if someone did work in the future digging around Id hate for them to break that... I mean its getting inspected so he will have too right?

Oh, and eventually I will be tearing out the patio and building the yard up against the house another 6 " or so to fix the slope... but that will be quite some time away.
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (259.44 KiB) Viewed 67 times

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 am

I would just attatch it to the wall, that would keep it out of the way.

If not, a pvc sleeve would be a good idea.