Power Timer - for pool equipment

Ask your electrical related questions here
DanM

Power Timer - for pool equipment

Post by DanM » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Hey do you any of you electrically talented folks have any recommendations for a simple timer, or possibly a programmable timer that has a couple of outlets? I basically just need something I can set in the morning to run the pool equipment for a few hours and then cut the power off. It doesn't need to be cheap but the ones at pool stores are like 400-500 bucks and they're full of useless crap like wifi, blutooth, etc. I don't need to connect it to my phone or be able to run my pool equipment from anywhere through the internet, I just want to turn power on in the morning and set it to shutoff after X amount of hours.

There's gotta be a less expensive, simpler alternative but I'm having trouble finding anything that can handle a 15 amp circuit. The stuff I can find is for christmas lights and the 'best' one could handle 8 amps or something like that.

Aaron

Re: Power Timer - for pool equipment

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:39 pm

This thing handles a 20A load:

https://www.intermatic.com/en/in-wall-c ... km2st-1gmx

This looks like 15A, might work for you:

https://www.amazon.com/myTouchSmart-Pro ... B01N2WIR3H

DanM

Post by DanM » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:59 am

Thanks Aaron. That's weird that the 20A one is available at home depot. I asked the bums there about such a device yesterday and all they could find was the weak chrismas lights ones. Told me they've never seen a bigger one.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Lol ... The Home depot guys :mrgreen:

Intermatic and Torx are pretty much the standard for pool timers. Sounds like you found one at HD, without the orange apron help 8-)
~~ Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford :mrgreen: ~~