Da 'Burb

The place for discussions that don't fit into any of the above categories
Aaron

Re: Da 'Burb

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Priuses don't do too well up here in the winter. They're more summer cars here.

I don't think I could even fit in one of them. If I did I would risk injury getting in and out. Lol

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 pm

Unfortunately, I live in the land of the tree-hugger, so you can't spit without hitting an F'ing Prius, driven by idiots who have no business being behind the wheel. Although, lacking the ability to operate a vehicle is certainly not restricted to Prius drivers. :roll: :lol:
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Well at least you guys can legally buy and smoke weed. All of Canada too!

I'm not a user*, but I believe people should have that choice.

* Okay, like once or twice a year at most.

Priuses are pretty ugly cars. They seem communist to me. Like the government approved car.

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am

I agree, it's a personal choice whether to use weed or not. There are so many medical applications and health benefits of it (and it's cousin, hemp), that it should be freely available to anyone who wants it. The only reason weed is illegal is because it's wasn't created in a lab by a drug company, and, you've got a very small group of mental midgets (politicians) who think they need to tell everyone else what they can and can't do. Thankfully, it would seem that tide is changing, rapidly.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 am

Shannon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am
Ya wanna talk about blind spots Drive a jeep! That being said this is the most fun vehicle we have ever owned.The newer ones have a back up camera but this year did not or maybe its just the model that didn't ,not sure.
I've always liked the look of the Jeeps 8-)
~~ Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford :mrgreen: ~~

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am

A. Spruce wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 pm
Well, s**t!!!!!! I was out running errands today and blew the engine in the Burb! :evil: Thankfully, I was able to find a replacement and it should be installed by Monday! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice ... Diesel engine sounds best in a truck :mrgreen: More power arrrr arrrr arrrrr :D

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Strangest thing happened today . . . :|

Ran the Burb through the car wash, as I've done a dozen times before, and water started pouring in the front passenger door. I had the chance to open/close the door and it didn't help. Get out the other end and pull over to dry everything off to prevent water spots and the window had come out of it's track within the window opening and had a 1/4" gap. Put the window down and back up and all was fine again.

Went for a beer yesterday afternoon and the roommate said that it sounded like the window or door was open, but from the inside, it all looked fine. As I was pulling up to the car wash, it sounded like the door or window was cracked open, but again, window control showed the window fully closed, it looked fine, and the "door ajar" message was not on. This is definitely something that I'll have to pay closer attention to when that window is operated, especially if going through the car wash, since that's not exactly how you want to clean the interior. :lol:

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:17 pm

I'd take the door panel off and take a look at the mounts. There could be one that is loose, and that would cause the problem. If nothing else, operate the window up and down when you can see what is going on.

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:09 pm

That's the thing, that window has been up and down a bunch, especially now that the weather is so freaking hot. All the windows go down to blow the heat out so that the AC has a fighting chance to start cooling. You can bet that I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on and will be digging into it if it happens again.

I'm not going to blame it on the roommate, however, weird stuff happens with her around. Like having to fold her truck mirror in so I can get the Burb out of the driveway, well, today she informs me that her mirror is acting weird now and doesn't want it folded in anymore. :roll: And, of course, anything that gets broken, misplaced, lost, or otherwise F'd up, is obviously my fault. :lol:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:14 am

This "roomate" term. Is it a euphepmism?

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:21 am

If you mean as in crazy psycho woman, then yeah, it'a a euphemism. :lol:

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:55 am

Okie dokie, here's the before/after shots of the detailing. I'll follow these up with where the body work was done. The pix don't do justice to the amount of improvement after all the work. Before pix were taken mid-day with sun directly overhead, the after pix were early morning, so the sun is at an angle.

All of the black, every speck, roof rack, door handles, plastic trim, running boards, window rubber and trim, all of it was cleaned and polished. I did not put shiny-shine on the running boards or rear bumper because I don't want them slimy or slippery when it rains. Cleaning alone made these really stand out.

Before:
-
before right.JPG
before right.JPG (125.47 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
After
-
after right.JPG
after right.JPG (145.72 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
Before:
-
before left.JPG
before left.JPG (136.29 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
After
-
after left.JPG
after left.JPG (127.88 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
Before:
-
before front.JPG
before front.JPG (295.31 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
After
-
after front.JPG
after front.JPG (245.11 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
Before:
-
before tail.JPG
before tail.JPG (319.97 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
After
-
after tail.JPG
after tail.JPG (318.56 KiB) Viewed 638 times
-
I've gone through the car wash enough times now that there isn't much hidden dirt left. I wipe the whole thing down with a towel afterward to prevent water spots. It's amazing just how much water collects in the door jambs and such, and, where dirt hides! LOL There's still plenty of cleaning and polishing that can be done, but she's good enough for now.

Next I need to snap some pix of where the body work was done. If you look real close, you can probably see some shine/shadow in a few places, that's the clear coat over the repairs. Body man says that in a month or two when the clear coat is fully cured that we can sand it down and blend it in better. Overall I'm please with the body work, even though it isn't quite as perfect as it could have been. My main goal was to deal with two two places where the pain had been gouged down into the primer and I wanted to prevent any further damage or degradation of the paint.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Hah, you've done well enough. That is a very clean truck. I'd tint the windows of the front doors so they match the passenger and rear glass!

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 pm

The previous owner had them UV tinted for his kids, the front windows were done too, but in a lighter shade because it's illegal for front tinted windows here and many other places. Apparently, the cops like to be able to see in when they pull you over. :mrgreen:

I like the dark tint, it doesn't really affect seeing out and almost completely blocks viewing in. 8-)

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 pm

That truck is looking like new condition .... I think I need to truck down south to you with my truck to work some of that magic on it :lol:

Beer will be on me 8-)

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm

great work! I wish our climate was not so hard on paint ,wheels and everything else. Those wheels look like new.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm

emtnut wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 pm
That truck is looking like new condition .... I think I need to truck down south to you with my truck to work some of that magic on it :lol:

Beer will be on me 8-)
Uh, you can't afford me! :? :| :lol: :lol: I'd still let you buy the beer though. :mrgreen:

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Shannon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm
great work! I wish our climate was not so hard on paint ,wheels and everything else. Those wheels look like new.
That is the nice thing about living here, we don't have snow and we don't have the salt, sand, and whatever else they dump on the roads to control it. The downside, of course, is the intense sun does oxidize and fade things pretty badly if you don't keep it garaged or well protected with wax and other preservatives.

As for the wheels, yes, they do look great, though they've only been cleaned, they could still use some polishing. For now, I'm done. Maybe this fall I'll play some more, we'll see.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 am

Shannon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm
Right? Here too. Winter just murders vehicles.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:40 am

A. Spruce wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm
As for the wheels, yes, they do look great, though they've only been cleaned, they could still use some polishing. For now, I'm done. Maybe this fall I'll play some more, we'll see.
Yeah. Done is an understatement. Take a break. Truck looks great as-is with no further treatments. Lol

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:20 am

Oh, like I could let this thread die . . . :? :| :roll: :lol: :lol:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Let it get some dust on it now, from some normal use. Then it will show a bit of authenticity.

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Not to be sarcastic, but you wouldn't believe the amount of dust this property produces! Went through the car wash on Monday and today it's already got a thick coat of dust, just from sitting in the driveway.

I know what you mean, though, and I agree. I'mma gonna drive it and enjoy it for a while. More spit polishing can come later. 8-)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 pm

A. Spruce wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 pm
Not to be sarcastic,
You? Sarcastic? You're never sarcastic. :D
...but you wouldn't believe the amount of dust this property produces! Went through the car wash on Monday and today it's already got a thick coat of dust, just from sitting in the driveway.
Well you are ostensibly in a desert state.
I know what you mean, though, and I agree. I'mma gonna drive it and enjoy it for a while. More spit polishing can come later. 8-)
Yeah. Break in your work a little bit. lol

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Aaron is giving Sprucy a hard time .... I'm getting the popcorn ready :mrgreen:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:50 pm

You do realize FORD is an acronym for "f--ker only rides downhill", right?

DanM

Post by DanM » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:49 pm

I always heard it was Found On Road Dead

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Fix Or Repair Daily :mrgreen:

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:54 pm

My personal fav is F***ked Over Rebuilt Dodge, which is a two-fer slam! :lol:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 am

I like mine the best. "Focker only runs downhill" is pretty silly and pathetic. Lol