Water Damage Advice?

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Usernamestephanie

Water Damage Advice?

Post by Usernamestephanie » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Last night I noticed that water was leaking slowly from a vent in the walkout basement. I thought maybe condensation. Today I found out it was leaking pipes from above. Earlier today it was leaking enough to get the floor below wet, though that is now drying. My main concern is that by the vent there is now a brownish water spot that is about 4 inches wide and maybe a foot long. I worry about everything but my most recent worry is mold/structural damage. Do I need to have a professional come and fix the damage or for something that small can you just let it dry on it's own and not be at much of a risk for future issues? The plumbing issue is taken care of. Just the water I worry about. If needed, any idea what something like that would cost?

A. Spruce

Re: Water Damage Advice?

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:56 pm

If it wasn't leaking for long enough for mold to start and is drying out now, you should be fine. You only get mold and rot issues with prolonged wetness.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Water Damage Advice?

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 am

Get the leak fixed right away and get the drywall drying out soon to prevent mold. Using a heater or fan will dry things out if you can blow it into the area effected
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon