Leak in bathroom wall

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
diynewf

Leak in bathroom wall

Post by diynewf » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I noticed that a corroded copper pipe in my basement bathroom is slowly leaking water onto the floor below. I have about 50% of the basement renovated with PEX but had a contractor do the work. Is replacing copper with PEX difficult, and would the cost of buying all the tools be the same as just hiring a plumber to come in and replace?

Using Tapatalk

Shannon

Re: Leak in bathroom wall

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:55 pm

It is not difficult and requires very limited tools depending on the system you choose. The big thing is being able to get at the areas you need to replace. Here is a link to my video using Wirsbo Aqua Pex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xElSwWw ... -NN2fkBS0A
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

diynewf

Post by diynewf » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks. I'll check the video out and let you know how the repair turns out.
Using Tapatalk

diynewf

Post by diynewf » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 pm

I'll be attaching the tubing to an existing copper line so what tools would I need?
Using Tapatalk

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 pm

You will need a copper to Pex sweat on fitting, emery cloth, copper pipe cutter, propane torch, solder paste, solder, and then depending on which type of Pex pipe you are using you need the proper fittings and tool for it.
Another option would be to use Push fit style fittings , some common brands are "shark bite" and" Gator bites" . You can watch my video about those style of fittings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYrx09 ... -NN2fkBS0A
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon