Black ABS is great!

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Aaron

Black ABS is great!

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Shannon, you've made me a believer in ABS. No messing with primer that PVC requires. Just cut, wipe the dust, glue, and assemble. Done. Love it.

The pipe and fittings costs a little more than PVC here in the US, but the convenience and foolproof-ness make it worth it.

Shannon

Re: Black ABS is great!

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Yes I believe ABS is way better for in home plumbing.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:40 pm

PEX is unbelieveable too. I haven't had a chance to work with it yet. The last plumbing project I did in my house was 2005, and I was sweating copper!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Shark bite connectors are another amazing plumbing invention.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:58 pm

I love Pex and push fit connectors as well. Nothing makes me more nervous than sweating together fittings near old dry lumber in a tight space full of dust! Used to keep me up at night worrying about fires afterwards.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Yeah if you're in a tight space full of dry lumber, you had better spray some water on that wood and dust first before firing up that torch. I remember temporarily nailing a piece of sheet metal against the wood, too, as a shield to deflect the heat of the torch. PEX eliminates all of that nonsense. Those AquaPEX fittings you demonstrated are incredible--I've never seen that style of fitting before. I want that Milwaukee tool. lol

Sharkbite are really nice, but they are EXPENSIVE!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 am

Ya, water ,heat shield, fire extinguisher. I hated those days.
I bought my milwaukee expander second hand for half the price, there is a model that uses the M18 batteries if you do not already use or have M12 system. You can buy just the bare tool if you already have batteries. I like the M12 cause it is smaller and lighter, although remarkably heavy for its size.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 pm

I bet it's heavy because there's some serious transmission in that thing in order to have force necessary to expand that pipe.