Washing machine outlet box height

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Grant

Washing machine outlet box height

Post by Grant » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi Shannon,
Do you have a common installation height for a washing machine outlet box?
Thanks

Shannon

Re: Washing machine outlet box height

Post by Shannon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm

I assume you are referring to the plumbing box. I install them between 43-45 inches off the floor to the top of the drain hole. That is assuming the washer is sitting on the floor and not on a pedestal . Basically you want the box about 1 inch higher than the machine.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Grant

Post by Grant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 am

Yes sir I'm talking about the pluming outlet box. Do you have a go to brand that's available at a canadian hardware store? What brand do you like?

Thanks again

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am

I always use ones that have Ball valves for the water shut offs. These valves do not get used much but a ball valve is more likely to work when you need it to even after long periods of no use. I think Oatley makes the one I usually use.
Attachments
Laundry box.png
Laundry box.png (44.71 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:31 am

Oatey is the common brand that I see at the big box DIY stores, it's what I used for my house. I wished I had used the ball valves, though... oh well.

There's one I saw at a senior residence that I really liked is METAL, and it's made by Guy Gray. I like the durability of a metal enclosure! This model even has an integrated receptacle box you can wire so you can plug in a washer.

http://www.ipscorp.com/plumbing/guygray ... ight_duplx

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:34 am

That is a nice neat all in one set up! Never have seen one up here. Probably costly, theses Oatley ones up here are about 25$ I think and they are plastic boxes.

Grant

Post by Grant » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:17 am

I agree that the Guy Gray is clean looking fixture. However I could see a conflict with the "electrical code" in Canada having 120v outlet so close to a water source but I really don't know the codes. Just saying.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:49 pm

No actually as long as that is a GFCI plug then it is perfectly legal.