Adding to existing plumbing

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
rcosta

Adding to existing plumbing

Post by rcosta » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello,

I am looking to add a dishwasher to my house but I have no plumbing or electric for it. I have an electrician ready to do the job but the plumbing cost was far more then I can afford.

The space for the dishwasher is separated from our washing machine only by a sheetrocked wall. Below both the washing machine and dishwasher is a storage area in my basement with clear access to all plumbing lines.

I have attached a photo of my washing machine plumbing. Is there a way I could simply tap into the hot, cold and drain from here and simply bring the extensions through the wall? It is probably too simple to work but I thought I would ask.

Thank you.
Attachments
Washing machine.jpg
Washing machine.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Shannon

Re: Adding to existing plumbing

Post by Shannon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 pm

If it was me I would tap into the plumbing below the floor . You need to install a T with a valve in the hot water line for water supply. This valve should have a 3/8 ' fitting for a braided water line to screw onto.
The drain line needs to be installed into a P trap and the trap is then spliced into a drain line with a Ty fitting.Be sure the TY fitting is up stream from the direction of flow in that line you splice into
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon