Adding to existing plumbing

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
rcosta

Adding to existing plumbing

Post by rcosta » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello,

I am looking to add a dishwasher to my house but I have no plumbing or electric for it. I have an electrician ready to do the job but the plumbing cost was far more then I can afford.

The space for the dishwasher is separated from our washing machine only by a sheetrocked wall. Below both the washing machine and dishwasher is a storage area in my basement with clear access to all plumbing lines.

I have attached a photo of my washing machine plumbing. Is there a way I could simply tap into the hot, cold and drain from here and simply bring the extensions through the wall? It is probably too simple to work but I thought I would ask.

Thank you.
Attachments
Washing machine.jpg
Washing machine.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Shannon

Re: Adding to existing plumbing

Post by Shannon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 pm

If it was me I would tap into the plumbing below the floor . You need to install a T with a valve in the hot water line for water supply. This valve should have a 3/8 ' fitting for a braided water line to screw onto.
The drain line needs to be installed into a P trap and the trap is then spliced into a drain line with a Ty fitting.Be sure the TY fitting is up stream from the direction of flow in that line you splice into
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon