Footer drains not draining

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Paul_from_Ohio

Footer drains not draining

Post by Paul_from_Ohio » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:58 am

Hello,
I have a 4 year old house with a basement and sump pump. I noticed the other day that the footer drains do not drain any water into the sump pump. Looks like the water percolates in from around the sump but not from the drains. No leaks anywhere in the basement but I am concerned that the foundation drains do not work. In my previous house the drains were always working after a rain. What is the best way to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
Paul_in_Ohio

Shannon

Re: Footer drains not draining

Post by Shannon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Likely the best is to have the drains scoped with a camera to see if the problem can be found. Plumbers will have these types of inspection cameras and it may cost a couple hundred dollars.

It could be also as simple as the earth around this new home is different and drains better to start with ?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Paul_from_Ohio

Post by Paul_from_Ohio » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks, I will consider that. Hey I *am* installing a backup battery powered sump pump to the main sump pump. I decided to do this after watching your video today where you cut up the concrete floor and installed a whole new sump well and pump (also, my wife said we needed to do it).

Thanks for all of your videos. They are the best DIY videos on You Tube.

Paul

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for the comments, we try our best. Please share our channel with everyone you know! Thanks!
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon