Shower Valve

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
jvelaz1971

Shower Valve

Post by jvelaz1971 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:44 am

Hi Shannon,
Hope all is well. What type of valve/diverter will I need if I want to install a shower arm and shower head but be able to use both of them simultaneously? thanks

A. Spruce

Re: Shower Valve

Post by A. Spruce » Thu May 02, 2019 11:12 am

I don't know that I've seen anything like that, you are probably looking at a dual valve system. Online shopping will be your friend here, check out all the major manufacturers, sticking to name brands that you know, trust, and that are readily available in your area (makes parts and service a whole lot easier). I'm a Delta and Pfister guy, not a fan of Moen, but a lot of people like 'em.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Shower Valve

Post by Shannon » Thu May 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Hmm SO you want to basically use a shower head mounted on /in the wall and a telephone type head at same time? If this in in a tub/ shower you would use a diverter on the spout and you would need some kind of T or Y fitting on the arm coming out of the wall where you could then run the flexible hose off one end and the fixed shower head on the other. I have not seen that but I'm sure you can find something to make that work.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon