Unclogging Blocked Drains.

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
eathenmartin0007

Unclogging Blocked Drains.

Post by eathenmartin0007 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:12 am

Its very annoying and tricky situation. Suggest me some precautions about how to avoid this terrible situation.

A. Spruce

Re: Unclogging Blocked Drains.

Post by A. Spruce » Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm

The best solution is to have the lines snaked to clear them, then jetted to clean them. As long as you don't have pipe damage from tree roots, etc., this will cure most of your problems. If the problem is recurring, then be mindful of what is being put down the drain, such as in the kitchen with a disposal.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

VanTry2DIY

Re: Unclogging Blocked Drains.

Post by VanTry2DIY » Fri May 31, 2019 11:16 am

My house's drains are also sensitive. A few things that have helped, all centered around only letting water down the drain:
  • Hair catches on all showers/bathtubs (the Tubshroom product has worked well for us).

A hair removal tool for periodic use on those same drains (a flexible snake tool with a fuzzy end that grabs up the hair).

A drain cover for the kitchen sink--it lets water down but collects all the food keeping it out of the garbage disposal.

I've future plans to install a laundry drain pipe lint filter. A nylon over the drain hose is also a low-cost solution but might require frequent changing.

Getting all family members onboard and aware of the issue--encourage courtesy flushing and keeping wipes/feminine products out of the toilets. Good luck with this one :)