What home security system do you recommend?

Ask your electrical related questions here
jeckjiem

What home security system do you recommend?

Post by jeckjiem » Wed May 29, 2013 1:12 pm

I am looking in to getting a home security system for my home. What do you all recommend. The only really that I know of is ADT, but I know there are more out there.

What do you recommend?
What do you NOT recommend?
What have your experiences been?

Please help me make a good choice for the safety, security, and peace of mind of my family.

Shannon

Re: What home security system do you recommend?

Post by Shannon » Wed May 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry do not know security systems but hopefully someone else here will. I personally think a sign stuck in your front yard that looks like it is from a security company is as good as anything ,and no false alarms to pay for.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Invest777

Post by Invest777 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:17 pm

Alot of companies contract with adt, but some companies have a person call your house, to see if there's really anything wrong " which got its pro's and cons, ex. You can tell the operator it was a false alarm you get didn't put in the code quick enough, so then you wouldn't have to pay for a false alarm , ex. Of con: that what if somebody was in your home every second counts , so the minutes it takes the operator to call, the longer your family is in danger, I will take the immediate response over the operator calling the house just make sure you have no false alarms, and there is wireless and wired security systems , I'll definetly go with the wireless , because a crook can cut your security from the outside, hopes this helps

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri May 31, 2013 1:41 pm

I can tell you that I used the sign & stickers only in my last house, and it wasn't in the best part of town. I never had an attempted break-in in 6 years, but neighbours on either side did. So buying a sign & stickers from eBay can really get the job done for not much money.

I'm not a fan of paid monitored security systems for most homes, but I realize some people want that peace of mind.

If you're thinking of a monitored system, I'd say take a good look at your home and property and do some other things first. Add motion sensing lighting, cut down shrubs that cover windows & doors (easy for someone to hide/break in), tell your neighbours when you're away on holidays, don't have valuables laying around or visible through windows/doors, etc.