how close can electrical be to ducts

Ask your electrical related questions here
Brett

how close can electrical be to ducts

Post by Brett » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

It seems to be duct week. And not the series. With the furnace on now I was a little surprised how hot the ducts really get. How close can electrical be. I passed my electrical inspection but the inspector didn't say anything about it. Can they be touching or is there a standard distance. Does one need an insulation to buffer? How about cable for TV-RG6 or whatever it is called. Can they be touching.

Thanks again.

Brett

Shannon

Re: how close can electrical be to ducts

Post by Shannon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:07 pm

To be honest I'm not sure that it matters but I like to keep all wiring away from ducts so they are not touching.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Brett

Post by Brett » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks. Had a run of duct between 2 joists that are only 8 inches wide. Go figure. Had no choice but to string electrical underneath it to reach the room in question. Was wondering. I was surprised by the temperature. Put some pink between them just in case. Probably over kill. Thanks again.

With all the questions I am going to have to name my basement after you. Ha

Brett. No questions on Holiday Monday. Guaranteed.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 am

No problem Brett. Enjoy turkey day!
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Brett

Post by Brett » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Gobble-Gobble