mold

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
greg1

mold

Post by greg1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am

Just wondering if there is a tool or something to check for mold in house without ripping out the drywall. I mean one way to tell is a musty smell in a basement, but smell could come from many places in basement, heck even a washer/dryer smell sometimes. I dont have a mold issue, but if I go to open houses they seem nice on the outside but nobody knows what is happening behind the walls. Just wondering if there is least intrusive way to check for mold problems?

Shannon

Re: mold

Post by Shannon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:10 pm

the only way I know of would be an air quality check and that is a specialty service that I'm sure you don't want to pay for unless you are really serious about purchasing.
I would hazard a guess that almost any home has some amount of mould somewhere.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:14 pm

About the only thing I can think of would be a moisture meter, which only tells you the moisture level of a surface, it doesn't tell you if there's mold/mildew or not. The thing is, mold/mildew can't occur without the presence of moisture, so if something is wet that shouldn't be, odds are there is mold present or going to be present soon.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

housetwinkle

Post by housetwinkle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:07 am

Hi there! Not much of an expert but Part 2 here has some useful tips: https://www.wikihow.com/Test-for-Mold