Installing a window with a house with pro-rib steel siding

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
Tinyhousebuild

Installing a window with a house with pro-rib steel siding

Post by Tinyhousebuild » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm

I am building a tiny house and am going to have pro-rib siding from menards as my siding. I recently got my windows which have nail flanges. What kind of precautions do I need to take when installing the window. I have not put on the siding yet. Should I install as one would normally do with flanged windows? Thanks

Shannon

Re: Installing a window with a house with pro-rib steel siding

Post by Shannon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:07 pm

You will need to be careful when screwing the sheets to the wall around the windows. The flags On the windows will obviously hold the J channel and ended of the sheets away from the framing around 3/16 so screws may tend to buckle the sheets slightly. Just go gently when tightening screws in these areas.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 pm

You typed the above message with your iPhone, didn't you. ;) That last sentence could make you famous.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:57 am

Aaron wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 pm
You typed the above message with your iPhone, didn't you. ;) That last sentence could make you famous.
Oh boy! I need to edit that :oops:
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon