Basement window installation video

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
KevP

Basement window installation video

Post by KevP » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Hey Shannon,
I was wondering if you guys have plans on doing a video for basement window replacement? Setting replacement window in cinder blocks for example. For example my old windows are all made out of wood so no wood buck was used. However new one can be either be placed in with a buck or directly onto the foundation wall. I prefer the latter since I can save up around 3 inches per length and width. However there are no good videos out there.

Shannon

Re: Basement window installation video

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I have never done one without using the existing buck or window frame as a buck. I believe there are windows for that situation though. They usually are about 1/2" to 3/4" smaller then opening and have metal mounting straps that can be attached to the block inside the opening. Once it is all shimmed into place you can use foam backer rod to fit the gap outside and then use a good exterior caulk to seal it well. Thats the basic gist , I have no video however.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon