Non-standard Window Sash Locks

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
tc9090

Non-standard Window Sash Locks

Post by tc9090 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm

My wife and I bought an older home this past summer, and are currently going through and renovating it slowly. The windows on the house are probably 10 - 15 years old, but they are vinyl and in good shape. Unfortunately, the window sash locks look dated and the aluminum paint is peeling. Unfortunately, the hole to hole distance is 2 5/8 inches, which is a size that I have not seen in any of the big box stores.
Does anyone know where I can find odd-sized window sash locks? I have looked all over...

A. Spruce

Re: Non-standard Window Sash Locks

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Try vandykes restoration or other vintage hardware retailers that specialize in salvage or reproduced hardware
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Non-standard Window Sash Locks

Post by Shannon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 am

If you remove one you could look for a brand name on it or part number ,Truth is a very common hardware brand. Also take one with you to a local window shop they may be able to help, avoid the big boxes, at 15 yrs old they will likely never have it anyways.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon