suspended ceiling

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
marcgerv

suspended ceiling

Post by marcgerv » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 am

Shannon,
I've watched your video and the grid explanation on the website for suspended ceiling. lets say I need an extra 5" for the main T, how can I ensure the tiles will be even on both sides when cutting a small piece? I understand cutting 5" from the slot on one side but then I want to "click" a small piece to the main T with a 5" space from the wall. Not sure how I would do that since the slots are 6" apart.

Thanks for your awesome videos.

JM

Shannon

Re: suspended ceiling

Post by Shannon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 am

So you want a 5” border at both ends?
So on one end measure back from a slot 5” and cut the end off. Now hook your tape on the end you cut and measure and mark the entire width of the room on the remainder of the main T. If the main is longer then the length you need simply cut it to length. If the main is still shorter then the length you need then add to that main what you need to make it long enough. If you figured out your border width right they will be equal.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

marcgerv

Re: suspended ceiling

Post by marcgerv » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Awesome,
Thanks for your reply, makes sense now.
JM