Hardware For MicoroPro Sienna Treated Wood (Brown/Orange)

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
LOIL99

Hardware For MicoroPro Sienna Treated Wood (Brown/Orange)

Post by LOIL99 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 am

What type of screws/nails should I be using for this type of treated wood to avoid corrosion? Anything galvanized ok? Or certain type of galvanization? What about the brown deck screws from Home Depot? Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping not to have to use stainless because of the cost.

Thanks!

A. Spruce

Re: Hardware For MicoroPro Sienna Treated Wood (Brown/Orange)

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Their website is utter garbage, though I extrapolate from this that as long as the fastener meets or exceeds these specs, use whatever you want.

https://microprosienna.com/resources/fa ... formation/
For exterior applications: The following minimum galvanization levels may be used for connectors, joist hangers, fasteners and other hardware that are placed in direct contact with exterior applications of treated wood which utilizes MicroPro technology:

Fasteners – nails, screws, etc. ASTM A153 (1 oz./ft2)
Hardware – connectors, joist hangers, etc. ASTM A653 G90 (0.90 oz./ft2)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Hardware For MicoroPro Sienna Treated Wood (Brown/Orange)

Post by Shannon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:50 pm

In Canada fasteners and metal products will stay if they are ACQ rated . This means they can be in direct contact with treated lumber. I would assume down your way they should as well. Usually Hot dip galvanized, stainless steel , and the coated screws are rated for it. That would include the green and brown screws. read the packaging they should say if they are.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon