Water Lines

Ask your bathroom related questions here
jvelaz1971

Water Lines

Post by jvelaz1971 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:11 am

Hi Shannon,
Hope all is well. For the purpose of my illustration; I named the photo Pipe 1 & Pipe 2. However, these two photos in reality is just one pipe. I will need to re-route the pipe, because it is in the way of what I will be doing.
Pipe 1 is ¾” coming from the floor with a reducing T that is ¾ x ¾ x ½ . The pipe that is vertical is ½ and connects to a sink in the adjacent bathroom. The pipe that is horizontal going left is ¾ and is about 28” long and it is connected to (pipe 2) with a reducing T that is ¾ x ½ x ½. One ½ line connect to one toilet and the other ½ line connects to a second toilet. I really don’t understand why someone installed a 28” ¾ pipe to reduce down to ½ pipes. Why didn’t they just make everything ½ after they reduced down from ¾ to ½. So my question is. Can I just eliminate the 28” ¾ pipe completely and replace it with a ½ pipe instead? I would simply convert by adding a ¾ Pex Barb Female Copper sweat adapter so I can then reduce it down to ½. This way I can use pex lines instead.

Note: I am not eliminating the ¾ pipe that is coming from the floor. I am going to reduce it to ½ size using the ¾ adapter.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
J
Attachments
water lines.jpg
water lines.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 346 times

Shannon

Re: Water Lines

Post by Shannon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:27 am

keeping the 3/4" just allows an extra volume of water. In reality all it will do at this area is allow the toilets to both fill a little quicker if they are both used at the same time. Really not a big deal to reduce this sooner.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

jvelaz1971

Post by jvelaz1971 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 am

Oh ok. Both toilets are rarely used at the same time. That being said, I will reduce them to 1/2. Thank you so much!

On a side note; do you have any videos on how to add a shut off valve using pex?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Hmmm no I’m pretty sure I do not. I almost always use push connect valves now. Super easy. Make sure they have a plastic bushing in the end when putting them onto pex and make sure they go on the recommended distance usually with 1/2” pex it’s 7/8” .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

jvelaz1971

Post by jvelaz1971 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:26 pm

ok great. I will get some pus connects this way I don't have to solder.
Thank you