Grease Gun

A. Spruce

Grease Gun

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Anybody got a grease gun they like and would recommend? I need one for chassis lubes on my vehicles and the random odd thing that might have a grease zerk on it, so not heavy use, but I still want something that isn't a piece of garbage.

What brand do you have?
Is it a pistol grip or lever actuated?
Does it use cartridges or do you have to fill the barrel yourself?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Grease Gun

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 am

A long time ago I bought this small little grease gun , you could buy special sized cartridges for it, what a mistake!! Ended up these things cost an arm and leg and then suddenly I could never find them. Long story short stick to a standard size. Use the cartridges and save the mess of packing it yourself . Pistol grip is handier to use IMO.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Grease Gun

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:37 pm

My only concern with pistol grip is being able to force grease into a stubborn zerk. I don't think this is of particularly a concern at the moment, but can see it in the not so distant future. Right now I just need to lube the Burb, something the F'ing mechanic didn't do, but charged me for, among other things. Not sure if there are any driveline zerks, but the steering and ball joints all have them.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.