Where to cut tile

Ask your kitchen related question here
Dia

Where to cut tile

Post by Dia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:32 am

Okay, another tile cutting question:

If I am filling the back of a soon-to-be shelving area with subway tile, and it'll fit perfectly left to right, but not top to bottom, do the cut tiles go along the top edge, the bottom edge, or both evenly?
IMG_20191122_184551__01.jpg
IMG_20191122_184551__01.jpg (83.74 KiB) Viewed 89 times

Shannon

Re: Where to cut tile

Post by Shannon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 am

I would either balance the top and bottom or place the cuts to the top. Kinda depends on the amount ? If its only going to be like a 3/4 tile up top I would just do that. If its going to be less than that you could split the difference between top and bottom row. Its really what ever you like.

A few people did not like my recent shower tile video because I had a very small cut of tile at the ceiling and normally I would not have done that either but because of the niche and window positions it was the better option IMO.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Dia

Post by Dia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:44 am

Sounds good, it'll be almost 3/4 of the tile, so I'll keep the cut to the top. I'm sorry you get people's negative opinions on things like that when you've chosen the best possible options for what you had to work with. There will always be the judgemental negative Nancy trolling around.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Oh ya , I have grown a much tougher skin since putting myself out there on You Tube for sure. I used to reply back and argue my point but have learned that many people are just trying to poke the bear to get a response . I have better things to do now.
Good luck with the tiling.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 pm

I would put the cut wherever it is least noticeable. If it will always be visible, then I'd be inclined to split the difference between the top and bottom for an even reveal.

What is all this talk of the internets being an unforgiving and judgemental place?!?!?! :?: :| :| :lol: :lol:
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.