# of concrete screws to install laminate MPR

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
davemikewalker

# of concrete screws to install laminate MPR

Post by davemikewalker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 am

Hello

I am installing a flooring transition piece called a Multi-Purpose Reducer, MPR, on a basement concrete floor between a laminate floor and a vinyl sheet. There is a metal holder that will be 6' long into which you insert the MPR. There are 17 holes to attach to the concrete.
What is a good number of Tapcon 3/16 x 1 1/4 concrete anchors to use?
Other recommendations?

Thanks for all the great videos!
David
Saving money cuz I am cheap!

Shannon

Re: # of concrete screws to install laminate MPR

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:02 am

I would place a fastener in every second hole. No real tips here ,drill the holes and insert the screws.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 am

Actually I do have a tip, be sure the head of the fastener is not to tall and does not inter fear with the spline on the transition piece when it is inserted into the track
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

davemikewalker

Post by davemikewalker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 am

Thanks for the quick reply and the great videos. I finally got a job starting in October so expect a little more than my thanks this year via Patreon. PS Thanks for this website too!
Saving money cuz I am cheap!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 pm

davemikewalker wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 am
Thanks for the quick reply and the great videos. I finally got a job starting in October so expect a little more than my thanks this year via Patreon. PS Thanks for this website too!
thanks dave!