Wiring multiple connections in a potlight

Ask your electrical related questions here
DIYer33

Wiring multiple connections in a potlight

Post by DIYer33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:54 am

If I am doing the exact connections as Shannon is doing in this vid( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Mqxl6NBKU ), except I have and additional 14/2 wire bringing power to another light in a different room from this potlight box AND one more 14/2 wire feeding another potlight down the line (a total of four 14/2 wires as well as the polight wires in this polight box, How does adding these two wires to this connection work? what are my connections now with the two additional wires? Does the hot bringing power to the other room attach to the hot supply and white(neutral) switch wire? And where does the second potlight wire get attached?

emtnut

Re: Wiring multiple connections in a potlight

Post by emtnut » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:03 pm

DIYer33 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:54 am
If I am doing the exact connections as Shannon is doing in this vid( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Mqxl6NBKU ), except I have and additional 14/2 wire bringing power to another light in a different room from this potlight box AND one more 14/2 wire feeding another potlight down the line (a total of four 14/2 wires as well as the polight wires in this polight box, How does adding these two wires to this connection work? what are my connections now with the two additional wires? Does the hot bringing power to the other room attach to the hot supply and white(neutral) switch wire? And where does the second potlight wire get attached?
Sounds like you're feeding 3 potlights. For this you would wirenut all the blacks together, and all the whites together. I'm not sure where the switch is in your setup ... but generally you would feed the switch on the white as the hot wire (ie, wirenutted to the black) , and return from the switch with the black wire.

If you can get us a pic of your setup it would help.
~~ I'm right on 34 of 100 answers ... That ties me with Babe Ruth :mrgreen: ~~