IPE Deck

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
ROuimet

IPE Deck

Post by ROuimet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi,
First I live in Quebec, Canada so hot to very cold, rain and snow, all very nice :)
I have an existing ciment deck about 11’-8”x7’.6”. I am extending it to 12’ wide coming out of the house by 14’ deep in toward the yard. I used treated red pine for the structure and I will be buying IPE wood for the boards.
My first question is: what do you suggest I use as fasteners for the boards, the IPE clips system $$$ or the Camo tool and screws $ ?
Second question is: The outside of my house is field stone and mortar. I plan on starting laying my boards from the yard going toward the house. The only place I can measure the my distance between the yard edge and the house, to see how scare I am, is the 6’ patio door and it give me 3/8” difference, so I am not really parallel with the house, now that my structure is done, do I just live with the result at the very last board against the house?
Hope I am making sense and you understand my question.
Thanking you in advance
Robert

A. Spruce

Re: IPE Deck

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

3/8" isn't that much when you're talking about a 12x14 deck, will it be noticeable when all is said and done, probably not. What I would recommend doing is to push a board up tight to the house and them measure from that to your outside edge, you can accommodate any difference by adjusting the gap between the boards or by contouring the board against the fieldstone siding of the house.
If you've found our videos, forum, and answers helpful, consider making a small donation to help us keep the lights on and the help flowing. 8-)

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 pm

So are these going over concrete pad as well or just new framework
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

ROuimet

Post by ROuimet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 am

No it is a concrete slab, which I belted around with treated Red Pine.

ROuimet

Post by ROuimet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:57 am

So yes it will cover the frame work and the slab on which I am putting 3/4”x31/2” every 16” and blocked to level them.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm not real familiar with the IMP decking tiles but I think you may be able to the Camo tool? That may void your warranty on the tiles I think??
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon