exterior color

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
drose2186

exterior color

Post by drose2186 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

I purchased this house in February and would like to change the color scheme. It has been a challenge for me because of the brown roof - I would like to get some your opinions.

I can paint the brick but I'd prefer not to paint the vinyl siding
Attachments
house.jpg
house.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 56 times

A. Spruce

Re: exterior color

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Paint dealers have color cards that have complimentary colors to help ease decisions such as these.

Personally, I would not paint the brick unless you absolutely have to. IMHO, painted brick doesn't look good. The existing colors don't look that bad to me, if anything I'd change the trim colors, get rid of all that red, which will help perk up all that brown. Again, those color cards will help you choose something that will compliment what you've got.
I'm CDO, it's the same thing as OCD, but in alphabetical order like it should be! I've also got a touch of AD/OS, Attention Deficit . . . Oh, Shiny!

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:38 pm

I would agree with Spruce DO NOT paint the brick.
But it is your house you can do as you see fit.
If painting is selected than use a Mineral type coating like Kiem or Cathedral Stone.
Also check with a realtor in your area and ask if it would have an effect on sale price?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm

I would work with the existing brick. I think just changing the trim and door colours to better compliment the others.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Dia

Post by Dia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Personally, I'd make the reddish colour a more neutral version of what it already is and just make the garage tie in the colour of the siding a little better. Then keep your grass unnaturally green and your drive tar black ;)
colours.png
colours.png (549.2 KiB) Viewed 29 times