Metal roof

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
cherylgrose

Metal roof

Post by cherylgrose » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:04 am

I had a contractor install metal roof on my room addition and he just put it straight on the rafters what do I do to fix it?

Shannon

Re: Metal roof

Post by Shannon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm

So can you explain your situation a little more please.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:54 pm

And add pictures inside and out
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

cherylgrose

Post by cherylgrose » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm

I had a addition put on my trailer the guy put metal roof on without anything underneath it what are you suppose to use it's kinda flat with very little pitch please help me

cherylgrose

Post by cherylgrose » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Shannon wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm
So can you explain your situation a little more please.

cherylgrose

Post by cherylgrose » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:37 pm

I had addition put on my trailer and the contractor put the metal roof straight on rafters with nothing underneath it now it's dripping from condensation and him trying to fix it what do I need done has very little pitch

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm

A metal roof over a heated building with no roof sheeting under it will unfortunately drip from the condensation. There is no easy fix but one way to reduce the problem is to control the amount of warm moist air that can get into the ceiling space.This is generally done by installing a well sealed air/vapour barrier before drywalling the building. If your place is finished already that is really not fixable if it is the problem. #2 seal any openings in the ceiling like spotlights,access panels .#3 proper ventilation of the ceiling space to the exterior will help a lot also. Ways to do this are gable vents and soffit vents.#4 making sure you have adequate insulation in the ceiling will help as well.
Not sure if any of these things were not originally done in your case or if they can be adjusted or added now to mitigate the problem?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon