Fireplace issue

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
uche

Fireplace issue

Post by uche » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 am

Hi,

I changed thermocouple and thermopile in my fireplace 2 months ago since the fire ignites but does not stay on. After this exercise, the fire could still not stay on! I now bought a new gas valve and managed to install it after watching various youtube vedios. I have tried lighting it once again after the installation of gas valve, it ignites burning at low flame and once my finger is released, flame wont stay it turns off!! Im frustrated! Any help???

emtnut

Re: Fireplace issue

Post by emtnut » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

uche wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 am
Hi,

I changed thermocouple and thermopile in my fireplace 2 months ago since the fire ignites but does not stay on. After this exercise, the fire could still not stay on! I now bought a new gas valve and managed to install it after watching various youtube vedios. I have tried lighting it once again after the installation of gas valve, it ignites burning at low flame and once my finger is released, flame wont stay it turns off!! Im frustrated! Any help???
I take it your lighting the pilot light ? You have to keep pressing on that valve after it is lit, anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds, then it should stay on.
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 am

You need to be sure the Thermocouple is in the flame when the pilot is burning , it may need to be adjusted to be able to be that way.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

uche

Post by uche » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Yes in pilot position I do hold for 1min and flame does not stay, then I started holding for 2 mins and smell of gas came so I stopped and opened the doors until smell is gone. Tried a couple of times. Won't still light. I will try playing with the thermocouple. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Did you happen to take any pictures before you removed the old one? if so it may help you determine the exact location of the new thermocouple.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon